Wednesday 11 December 2013

Location scouting


Before doing my photo-shoot I decided to head up into London to find a perfect unique location that would fit my quirky magazine. I spend a lot of my time up in London so I had a rough idea of some really distinctive locations that would fit in perfectly with my magazine genre. I firstly went up to Shoreditch, whilst looking around I came across loads of street art and mosaic walls. I had never seen something so eye catching and bold before. It was so colourful and something a little different. That is what I wanted my magazine to be ‘different’ it was going to be aimed at a smaller audience and only released monthly so I could afford to print all of my images with a high use of colour on double page spreads. I took a few snaps of my model posing with the street art and different textured wall work. Instantly when I saw the photographs I took I knew this was going to be a great success with my magazine. The photos looked so colourful and crazy; that’s what I wanted and I found it.

Instead of keeping my photo-shoot in the same location I decided I would also take a trip to Camden. I go there regularly so I already knew that it was a funky place to take photographs for my magazine. I actually went into derelict building that was full with graffiti and peoples unwanted rubbish. I came across an old trolley that I decided to use as a prop. It worked really well with my model. I asked Charlotte to get inside the trolley. It made her seem rebellious, fun, young and a confident artist for her music. Camden was also a great location because the whole vibe of placed came out in my photos. We also took photos in the market, I got my model to pose in front of a shop that was selling music records of famous rock artists; it helped reinforce the genre of my magazine and which audience I was particularly aiming my magazine at.

Camden and Shoreditch my two locations
 

No comments:

Post a Comment