Thursday 5 December 2013

Promotional Methods

Promoting my magazine is one of the best way to make it a huge success if this is done correctly. I have started to think and plan out way to do this the best that will suit my target audience; it has to be appropriate for both genders and also be suitable for a wide age range. The more ways I promote my magazine, the more chance of my readership increasing and becoming more well known.

Bus shelters, Festivals, Social networking and Billboards are all great ways to promote my magazine. When choosing my promotional methods it is important that i choose something what would appeal to my target audience and be suitable for a music magazine.
One of the most popular ways to promote a business or product is on a billboard which will be found in a large city, near shopping centres or busy roads. This will be a very effective way to promote something brand new because they are overly large so they will attract a lot of attention because there and are located in a busy area to gain a lot of attraction. I want to create a very funky, unique and bright billboard as this will stand out from the other well known billboards it will draw the audience into my magazine. The billboard will display important information about my magazine such as the release date, networking sites that we will be using and talking about subscription deals! I will have to keep it in areas where my target audience are mostly likely going to be so i will have my billboard in places Camden, Shoreditch, Oxford St, Westfields shopping centre I decided these where a great choice of location because most of my target audience are out going confident people who enjoy going into central London and browsing shops. Camden is a perfect place because they tend to have a lot of gigs held in the Round house of the Indie/rock genre.


Another promotional method that my magazine will be using is advertisement on the side of a beer box. With a coupon that will give you a half price magazine for the first issue. This is a very effective method as my target audience enjoy drinking in there free time seeing as they are in the social class of A and B they can afford to drink on a regular basic men are associated mainly with beer, but men are 70% of my target audience with females only being 30%. I thought this would be a successful way of promoting my magazine because this beer will be sold in all supermarkets and worldwide. Many people will be able to see this and also with the half price magazine on the first issue this we wheel my audience into buying regularly. By using very vibrant colours and bold overasized fonts it will illustrate to my audience what my magazine is all about.
 


I personally think the promotional methods chosen for my music magazine will be very effective as they will appear across the country and are most likely to be seen in people's everyday life. When I design these adverts i will include bright colours, oversized bold font, strong pictures that will stand out against the already well known companies and products. It is very important that my advert are a perfect match for my target audience otherwise my magazine will not be a huge sucess.

No comments:

Post a Comment