Monday 23 September 2013

Proposal

I am going to create a half indie and half rock magazine; I decided to do this because I will then make more money as my magazine is open to a bigger audience. My target audience is male/females that are teenagers or young adults that enjoy going to festivals and reading news and articles about their favourite bands. My magazine will have a colour scheme or black, white and green. I decided to go for these colours because it reflects on the genre of the music; the colour black represents the darkness and heaviness in the rock music. By having the colour green being used it makes the magazine jump out from the shelf and catch the reader’s eyes, it’s also unisex.

My magazine deserves a place in the shops today because it’s something unique and different what will have something inside for nearly everyone. Its unique selling point is having a QR code and having my pages coloured at the top corner either with a red dot a blue dot, or a green dot. This is to represent how heavy the music it is so the audience can read articles on the genre of music there interested in and become aware of the new up and coming bands. My magazine will be very stylish however it will also have a rocky, messy edgy vibe within it. I will display this with my photographs by dressing my model in a unique way, with strange patterned clothing with big bold hair and make-up. The location of my photo shoot will probably either be in Camden or Shoreditch; these are full of the target audience for my magazine and they will be more attracted to my magazine with Camden and there favourite shopping places in the background. It will make them feel a part of my magazine because they would have been in the same location. My magazine will be sold monthly, each month it will include photography pages of concerts that have gone on in that month, articles from festivals and gigs, and how to get the look page.

I will also have monthly a competition to enter to win a ticket to an up and coming concert or festival. This will make my audience want to by my magazine because concert tickets are very expensive; by my magazine giving out one for free many people will just by my magazine to enter the competition. The price of my magazine will be £4.00 the reason it is so expensive is because my magazine is aimed at teenagers and young adults, most of my audience will be working and from a middle class. My magazine is only produced monthly and has many pages inside so it’s really worth its money, especially if you win the competition. Each month my colour scheme will slightly change, it will always be black and white however the bright colour will change each month. I’ve decided to do this because It’s something unique, it will make my magazine stand out from the rest and look funky and bright.

I think what I’m about to develop will be highly successful because it’s something unique and exciting.



The purpose of writing a proposal is so that I can put down all my ideas of what I would like my magazine to be like. This is very beneficial for me when it comes to making my final product, as I can use the proposal as a reference to what I have decided to include in my final product and whether or not i've been following them.

No comments:

Post a Comment