Monday 16 September 2013

Production Diary 1

Today I set up my blog, and started working on my magazine front cover, with the photos we took in lesson.  I also made sure my blog settings were correct and edited all of blog to make it look colourful and welcoming. I looked online for inspiration for my magazine. So now I have a rough idea of what I want my magazine to look at. I have been focusing on the new school canteen for the preliminary task, in groups we went out with a camera and took many different shots of the canteen and the food. For my front cover page I have a photo of me and Rachel with the chef in the canteen smiling. This displays Haydon School is a friendly place and also welcoming it connotes happiness. I have decided to keep a house theme of the colours white, black and navy; these are the colours of the school. I have decided to incorporate the Haydon stag into my magazine as it’s what we associate with the school. My masthead is in a large, bold and bubbly font. What looks happy and child friendly. I’m also starting to analyse magazine front covers. I’m going to pick indie/rock magazines because this is the type of magazine I eventually want to create. I have been thinking about my photo-shoot and where it’s going to be located and what models I am going to use. I reckon I will shoot it in Camden or somewhere very artist and unusual in London because I want my magazine to stand out and be different. I’m still uncertain with what models I am going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment