Tuesday 4 March 2014

Class presentation and feedback



When presenting my music magazine to the rest of the class it allowed me to confidently sell my magazine and identify all the reasoning behind all the features of my magazine. It also allowed me to find out feed back from my peers to see what they thought of my magazine overall. I took this opportunity to ask my peers to fill out a five sheeted questionnaire that helped me with improving my magazine. From receiving feedback from my target audience will allow to me identity the improvements needed for my magazine to make it the best it could be. My main concerns I decided to address to my peers were issues with my contents page and third double page spread.

Improvements for my third double page spread:. Add more images to the right hand side of the page
. Not have a full bleed image. As they've been used frequently.
. Use other colours than black.


 Improvements for my content page:
 . Include images of artists/bands performing live. E.g. Reading Festival or Camden Round  House
. Fill in gaps at underneath 'On the cover' with a subscription box.
. Write more headings for 'On the cover'.

I have listened to what my peers have sign from my feedback forms, however I disagree with some of the improvements, such as: not using black so often. This colour fits into my music genre of Indie/rock. It's a popular colour that is used in many well known magazines such as NME and Kerrang. I have listened to some of the improvements from my peers; I agree parts of it needed improving.

I have now changed my contents page by adding in some photographs I took at Reading Festival this Summer, I also took some more photographs of different models, to look like they where in a band. This filled in the space down the middle of my page. I also added a subscription box underneath 'On the cover' I decided this would be popular with my target audience because they're in the Class A,B and C1 and also working as most of them are at an older age they can afford to pay a little extra each month to have GRANITE my magazine delivered to their doors. I also double checked all of my sell-lines on my front cover to make sure I had included them on my contents page. I realised that I hadn't included them all so I added one that I miss in to fill the space.

I personally didn't want to change my third double spread because I really love all of the full bleed images. I also think it's really appropriate for my target audience because they have the money to spend and my magazine is priced at £4.00 a month, what is quite pricey for a new magazine coming out. Printing full bleed images in colour is quite expensive, but I love it. Because it's something different and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment