Wednesday 5 March 2014

Q4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

My magazine suits the age range of 16-25 and both genders, I believe younger readers are more interested in new music and artists and finding out about them. My research and audience data also suggests this as it shows that young people are more willing to research and find out about new artists whereas older readers know who they like, and know their styles. I think the social class and gender of my readers is a lot wider my results highlighted, females and males were both interested in new media to keep up to date and to engage with their favourite artists. This was useful as it meant that I knew it could add more features using social media into my magazine, which I have done with  Twitter and Instagram, and also decided to create a website to watch exclusive videos and to enter competitions to win big prices such as; Glastonbury tickets, meeting a band/artist. Because my audience aren’t too old they would be computer literate so things like android phone apps and viewing my website would be extremely easy for them.

I also worked out that my target audience enjoy going to festival, gigs, and buying music off ITunes. This emphasis that most of the people who are buying my magazine are from a middle class background; they will have to be able to afford festivals, gigs, buying online music and also buying my magazine what is priced at £4.50 monthly what is an affordable price for a monthly magazine. This helped me create the other features in my magazine including ‘100 greatest gigs ever’ and ‘Win tickets to Glastonbury’. I also have included QR scanners because in my research I saw that nearly all of my target audience had smart phones which have access to the internet so therefore I wanted to use this to my advantage so my audience can scan through and automatically open my magazines web page.

I also had a think about the style of bands and artists in my magazine. All of them are from the indie and rock genre. I decided to have my magazine focusing on two genres because then it opens a wider readership. However both of the genres fit in extremely well together and most of my audience will enjoy listening to both.

At the moment these two genres seem to have a very popular following online and mainly from young people. Because my target audience enjoy listening to new up and coming bands. They like to have their own taste and their not scared of what others think of their music choice. The indie-rock following is full of people who want to find new exciting bands and buy their albums, go to their concerts and support them online. A great way to get my audience to buy my magazine is to advertise a free ITunes song from either the rock or indie genre in each monthly issue. This would be a fantastic way for my magazine to be known; people would be wanting to buy it just to get the free song. However they will also have to read through some of my magazine. This could get them into liking my magazine so then they will carry on buying each issue. When thinking about the styles of the artists I also had to think about the way I would present these bands. I had to make sure the bands had attention grabbing headlines, and that the images were sharp, unique and interesting. I needed to make sure that my target audience would wanted to pick the magazine up and read it. It needed to be different from all of the others on the shelf it need to be bold and appeal to both gender and most ages.

The audience for my music magazine are 16-25 teenagers and young adults, interested in the genre and want to engage in new ways with my music. The social class for my magazine will be
grade A, B and sometimes grade C1. A and B will be main grade of social class for my magazine; my target audience will mainly be,
 class A upper middle class, working as a higher managerial, administrative or professional. class B upper middle class, would be intermediate managerial, administrative or professional. Class C1 lower middle class, supervisory or clerical, junior managerial, administrative or professional.

These job types will impact on my magazine because the majority of my target audience will be earning a good quantity of money and will be extremely willing to pay the price of £4.50 for my magazine.
The psychographics of my magazine will apply to lovers of music festivals, gigs and those who enjoy reading and being kept up to date with the latest news and information about music and their favourite artists. I believe that my target audience will fit within the 'mainstreamer' and 'reformers'; they are very individual and independent people who do not like to follow the crowd. Their social habits will be consumption via hard copies from shops such as WHSmith and newsagents, as well as reading online or on apps as they enjoy to be on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment